The following steps outline the QVscribe workflow to perform quality analysis on your requirements:
- Exclude sections in the document that do not contain relevant requirements, such as introduction, table of contents, and appendices: Click the Add text that should be excluded tab of the main QVscribe screen, then select each section to exclude and click Add Exclusion.
- Select example requirements: For QVscribe’s AutoFind to know what to look for throughout the document, click on the Add examples of requirements tab on the main QVscribe screen, then double-click on a the requirement to add it to the list of examples (note: your requirements must each have an alpha-numeric requirement identifiers preceding them, such as R10.3, 220.127.116.11, 10T-34R, Req:, etc…). You can also manually add or remove an example requirement by first selecting it and pressing Add Example or Remove Example in this tab.
- AutoFind requirements: Press Find Your Requirements will begin requirements scan. Found requirements will be displayed in the Your Requirements list on the lower half of the main QVscribe window. You can also manually add or remove a requirement by selecting it and pressing Add Requirement or Remove Requirement on the Your Requirements window.
- Confirm your requirements: Press Mark # Requirements at the bottom of the main QVscribe window (where ‘#’ will be actually the number of requirements in the Your Requirements list). Only Marked requirements will be analyzed.
- Analyze your marked requirements: Press Analyze # Requirements at the bottom of the main QVscribe window (where ‘#’ will be actually the number of marked requirements).
- Review analysis results: In the Your Analysis screen, each row corresponds to a Marked requirement in the document along with a quality score for that requirement
- Sort, filter, and navigate your results: Use the View list and click on the column headings to cut through the clutter and focus on the areas that need the most attention. Selecting and expanding the requirements in Analysis screen takes you to the requirement in the main document and highlights the culprit terminology for any issues found.
- Generate an analysis report: Press on Generate Report at the bottom of the Your Analysis screen.
- (Optional) Remove QVscribe marks: Once finished with your analysis, press Remove Marks in the Requirements section of the Microsoft Word Home Ribbon to remove all visible marks from the document. You may want to first save a copy of the marked document in case you want to return to it for further analysis later, otherwise, you will need to go through the marking steps again.