QVscribe for Word scores the quality of requirements by lexical and syntactic analysis based on a number of quality indicators. Each of these quality indicators has specific trigger words that may appear in a requirement, and each has a different degree of importance in measuring the overall quality of a requirement.
The words populating the Your Words list for each quality indicator on the Trigger Words tab of the QVscribe Configuration window will be the ones used for the QVscribe for Word analysis.
For each quality indicator you can do one of the following:
- Use the set of words already populating the Your Words list
- Choose specific trigger words from the Example Words list (press on the arrow at the bottom of the list to move these to the Your Words list)
- Add, edit, or remove trigger words on the Your Words list to match your own guidelines:
- Adding a New Word/Phrase: Click the Add button below the list to invoke the Add window. Enter the word/phrase you want to add to the list and then click OK.
- Editing Word/Phrase: Click on the word you want to edit in the Your Words list and click the Edit button to invoke the Edit window with the current Word/Phrase. Edit the word/phrase as needed and click OK.
- Removing Word/Phrase: Click on the trigger word you want to remove from the Your Words list, and click the Remove button.
Once all changes to your trigger words are completed, click OK on the QVscribe Configuration window to save the changes or Cancel to discard all changes.
A Note About Continuances and Directives: Continuances and Directives are quality indicators that may help in the analysis of requirements. However, there are different approaches to their use and QVscribe allows you to turn off their assessment so as to not adversely affect the requirements quality scores. Just check the “Exclude from Analysis” box on the Continuances and/or Continuances if these do not meet your approach (see image below).