Once the QVscribe for Word add-on has been successfully installed and activated, you will see the
QVscribe toolbar as a new tab in the Word ribbon (see image below).
From left to right in this toolbar the buttons function as follows:
• “QVscribe” - opens/closes the QVscribe pane (see below).
• “QVscribe for Individuals/Teams” - shows licensing information
• The pull-down list - shows the available QVscribe analysis configurations for the user along with
save/edit buttons. In QVscribe for Teams, these buttons may or may not be available to all users,
depending on the team permissions setting
• “Remove All Marks” - clears any existing QVscribe metadata from the document
• “Toggle Colour Background” - Turns on/off the marked requirement highlighting on the document
• “Export Requirements” - Prompts to export the marked requirements to CSV formats
• “QVscribe Help” - opens a window to access the help centre and log files
The QVscribe pane appears initially* on the right-hand side of your Word screen (see image above). From the QVscribe pane, you select and navigate requirements, view analysis results, and generate reports.
*Note that the QVscribe pane can be undocked and moved to any of the other sides of the Word
window by simply dragging it from the top section of the pane to a new side. The undocked
QVscribe pane can also be left as a floating window on your screen or moved to a second screen to
maximize the document view.